Luxembourg Logic for AI Summit
17-26 September 2018
LuxLogAI 2018 Participation Grants for Young Researchers
In order to give young researchers (PhD students and Postdocs) with limited funding the opportunity to attend LuxLogAI, the organizers are awarding a number of grants to motivated applicants. In return, successful applicants are asked to assist the local organization team for a limited time during the conference.
What will I get?
The grants will cover the following:
- Limited travel support ;
- Reimbursement of the registration fees for RuleML+RR 2018 and GCAI 2018 (giving access to all scientific events of LuxLogAI)
What will be expected from me?
You will be expected to assist the local organizers. The workload consist of two days of assigned duties plus one day of standby duties (further details to be provided on arrival). You may be asked to attend selected events to perform some of the duties listed below. The tasks will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
- Assisting at the registration desk,
- Providing technical support for the scientific events,
- Acting as a group guide, and
- Contributing to further organizational activities.
You will be supervised by one of the senior organizers who will also be the primary contact person for you during the conference.
How can I apply?
There are two rounds of submissions.
- Early birds applications deadline : 30 June 2018. Successful applicants will be notified before 15 August 2018
- Second round application deadline : 20 August 2018. Successful applicants will be notified before 1 September 2018
The submitted application should be a single PDF file which consists of the following items:
- A cover page with a short motivation statement (up to 300 words) stating your research interests and reasons for attending LuxLogAI,
- A short CV (up to two pages),
- A letter of support from your supervisor
- A rough quote of your estimated travel cost;
Please submit your application on Easychair
under the track “participation grants for young researchers”